These recent years we have seen how critical Public health is. American Public Health Association and Skagit County Public Health are excited to invite you to celebrate National Public Health this week. This year’s theme is “Public Health is Where You Are.”
Public health covers countless issues/ topics and practices that help every individual’s ability to live a long, healthy life. Together we can make our communities safer, healthier, and stronger!
So, what are some ways you, friends and family can get involved? Keep scrolling or visit www.NPHW.org for more info.
- Help spread the word and become a NPHW partner.
- Host a NPHW activity in your community.
- Join Generation Public Health, a movement that’s all about creating the healthiest nation in one generation.
- Help APHA by hosting a Keep It Moving Challenge event or participate in one.
- Celebrate and support gratitude for public health.
- Look for ways to strengthen our communities, locally and globally.
- Help dismantle racism in your community.
- Hold accountable companies, people, and organizations responsible for climate change.
- Ensure public health authority to public health workers and families by progressing policies for paid sick leave and living wage.
- Help make sure that health and wellness are not just available, but accessible to everyone in your community.
There are countless ways to make your voice heard and become part of the movement for public health. To learn more about this year’s daily themes go to https://www.nphw.org/Themes-and-Facts. Also, make sure to check APHA’s toolkits for more ways to keep the momentum going in your community.